What is this?

Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 33 and 34

My boss Laurea and I at my work shower

How far along?  33/34 Weeks

Feeling: Pretty Good! My pelvis is starting to be sore because of more pressure. Baby is in good position with head down.

I am noticing: that I am resting my hands, plates and cups more on my tummy when I am sitting. I wondered if I would ever use the baby for placement.

Stretch marks? Same. But I did get some belly cream from a shower!

Best moment this week: Having a wonderful Wednesday date night with Jonathan. We went to a great restaurant in Dallas, had good food and then to the Dallas Arboretum for the Chihuly Glass Exhibit. (pictures below) I also had 2 showers this week.

Miss Anything? Cooler mornings. I rush to get inside my office building at 8am because of the heat.

Movement: Oh so much movement, now on my left side. The doctor told me his feet are on my left now. Sure enough, lots of tiny toes and kicks on that side.   


Food cravings: The $1 ice cream that is in the university union (2 min walk). They have a lemon chill and cookies n' cream flavor that I love. The new Chick Fil A cookies are really good too. I am so glad Jonathan and I got our own the other day because it would have been hard to split.

Looking forward to:  My Birthday. I am taking Monday off to hang with Jonathan and just enjoy the day off. 

Firsts: Had my first baby shower last Saturday. Got so much encouragement from the women and great gifts. The 4 hostess gave us a chair glider for our baby room.


Other: I started swimming and walking after work. It feels great to get in the pool and swim laps. I feel lighter.

Birthing class: Only one week left. This last week the men and women split up and we had time to talk more openly on things that some might not feel comfortable if men were around. We have a pot luck and pool party this Tuesday night. That will be fun - someone is bringing Brisket.

Baby room: It's getting full of baby gifts! Also our new glider is there!

Our other child- Kona Baby: She is just  hanging in there with this hot weather. Not getting to play or walk as much outside. She is sniffing all my new gifts and thinks all the stuffed animals are for her. Not these kind. We will be getting a small fake baby soon and put a diaper on it to get her used to the smells and a little baby around. We will see how this goes.


Getting a pedicure from a cutie
Indoor track I have been walking on.

One side of the lap pool. I am usually in another area.
Mexican themed shower - My guests were waiting patiently

A mamasita waiting
Cute baby fruit carriage made by Sharon Dumas

Me and Katie

People and decorations
Some of the Chihuly Exhibit

Another glass sculpture
Work shower that Laurea threw

Sharon and I

Presidents wife made me a nice baby quilt







1 comment: