What is this?

Friday, April 22, 2011

What have I got myself into?

Mashed Potatoes

 In starting this blog, I feel like I just jumped off a big cliff,  with no harness, no one watching, and with no instructions. You might be thinking that this is a little extreme when talking about starting a blog Melinda, you are making this sound so daring and dangerous. Well, let me tell you that this is not a cliff like the Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls, no-this is one in my mind that I made up. This cliff I just jumped off is very steep, but what I am diving into makes all the difference.

The way I think of it, the only safe part about doing this, is knowing that I am diving into my comfort food, Mashed Potatoes. Those mashed potatoes are my husband, sister, and cousins for now. I know I heard from a few friends that said they would read my blog if I started one, but for now, I like the comfort of knowing a few people who love me no matter what, who will understand what I am saying and hopefully comment to make me feel good. That is what comfort food is for anyways, knowing you can trust what is there and and knowing you will enjoy something that gives you a positive emotion.
Deep, I know.

With all that said, "Cheers!" to following what Nike says to do and to having my comfort food to be watching.

P.S.- Here is a picture of me when I hit the "start a blog" button
It has been 5 minutes,  and I can't figure out how to Rotate. So this is all you get for now. 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hello? Where have you been all of this time?! I'm so glad you decided to start your blog, and yes I will read it and comment regularly especially if you write more creative insights like today's post! Now I can't say that I've ever been compared to a bowl of mashed potatoes before. But if I'm anything like that delicious looking bowl at the top, I'll definitely take that as a compliment! Love you, and look forward to more. -husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Already I am into you blogging. Now I am inspired. Maybe when my sisters and I are together this weekend, we can set one up together...

    or something.

    It is an honor to be counted as equal to your love for mashed potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, you don't love me like mashed potatoes too? j/k. Love it! Funny enough, this was the exact background I was going to recommend to you since it reminded me of you! At least we have each other to read our blogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the background of your blog...i can't wait to see more snip its of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love your background, your font, and your love for mashed potatoes! I love YOU and can't wait to read your bloggings!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are doing a blog! I love you and your creativity! I love your mashed potatoes, too. The real ones and people ones, too!!

    ReplyDelete