What is this?

Monday, June 20, 2011

Just add a little mint




The Texas heat has been so hot lately. I don't even want to be outside unless it is before 9:00am or after 7:00pm. It's funny, I play a mind game with myself during the winter time when I am out and about and bundled up, I mentally tell myself, "it's hot and I am sweating" just to feel a little warm, and I think it helps. I try not to be outside for long during the summer because after a while, I just feel myself starting to melt/sweat and I try to avoid that unless I am in the proper attire or I am about to jump in a pool.


Today my co-worker gave me a sprig of mint from her house since she knew that I wanting to start growing it. I kept it on my desk and it smelled so fresh and clean. After smelling it for one hour, I could not wait to use the mint at home, so I decided to make a refreshing mid-morning (9:30am) drink. 


This is my version of a "workplace" mint julep. Cool, refreshing, sweetened iced tea with a few pieces of mint. I think this will be an afternoon "must" when 3:00pm rolls around for the summer. 

Ahh, refreshing!


2 comments:

  1. mmm...I'll have one please, minus the "workplace" part though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you grown the mint yet? they spread very easily and are pretty hardy...

    ReplyDelete