What is this?

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Remember your first everything.


Dove chocolates are one of my favorite chocolates to eat. I might be silly to say this, but what I love about this particular chocolate is the wrapper. I love the inside messages you find once you open the chocolate candy.  I try to open Dove chocolates very carefully so that I can save the wrapper, especially if I like the quote. One of my favorites quote wrappers can be found in our guest bathroom in a heart picture frame. It simply says "Remember your first everything." This was actually the other blog name I was going to use since I love thinking about how many firsts we have in life.  

It is fun to think about my firsts because it brings me back to that moment and creates a feeling of accomplishment or even thankfulness. Some examples (small and big) of my first include: 

-trying sushi (I hated it, but love it now)
-airplane ride (1 hour to Oklahoma)
-getting to sit in first class (one day I will on an international flight)
-love (my husband of course)
-house 
-half-marathon
-first day of work at new places

This past weekend, we started our First Garden! We are playing it safe with the vegetables we are growing and keeping in mind how Texas summers are brutal. We don't have high expectations on what will happen, we are just excited to try it out! But it will be fun to look back in a few years and reminisce about what we grew and how much we will learn from our initial harvest.
  
Kona is making sure we have a place to grow treats 

P.S. - What are some of your firsts you like to remember?



3 comments:

  1. yes, and if you would please...call me bob vila from here on out! that joke is for mr. odle if he's reading this. jk, couldn't believe how easy those things are to build once you get started. and let's not start "remeniscing" yet about the things we "grew." we still have to actually GROW them first love ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan, I will pay you to build one for me...;) now that I know you know how and that it's so "easy." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have started a garden! I remember my first real job (camp gilead), my first CD (Amy grant), my first kiss (from jason of course), my first day of college (how nervewracking)...it IS fun to remember firsts...

    ReplyDelete