What is this?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Monkey Bread




 As far as I can remember and probably smell, my mom would make monkey bread for any special occasion. My mom makes this breakfast bread every Christmas morning, Birthdays, friends sleeping over, biscuits being on sale, and many other holiday mornings. I love waking up to the smell of butter, cinnamon, and melted caramel on biscuits in the oven. It helped everyone wake up quicker knowing that it would be gone fast.

Over the last few years our family has grown, with last Christmas eve having 16 people staying the night at mom and dad's house. With that many people, we made 2 monkey bread dishes that morning to make sure everyone could have some.

Some of the family to stay the night. Christmas 2010

Standing around watching me cut portions to make sure it was equal (2009)
Carefully cutting (2009)

The reason I wrote this post was because I found a different way of making Monkey Bread. I will have to try it out on the next guest who stay with me. (hint hint) The recipe I found had the bread in individual jars. 

Source: Monkey Jars

Maybe this way will help make sure everyone gets the same portion of bread and leave no room for disagreement, which is sometimes funny to argue about, especially over food.


4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I love having traditions that you associate foods and special events with and that bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first time I ever had this, was at your house, maybe freshman year of college!!! Can't wait to be your guest and you make us one!!! ;) Hint, hint! I miss spending Christmas with your family, it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love arguing over monkey bread...it's soo good when it hits your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! I soooo want to be the next guest!

    ReplyDelete